As we adjust to living in a new, rapidly changing world, Southeastern Retina Associates will do everything we can to serve our patients’ retinal conditions while protecting patients, families, staff, physicians, and our communities. We remain committed to preserving our patients’ vision and eye health.
Our physicians and staff are following the general recommendations everyone has been asked to follow as well as recommendations from the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Retina Specialists, and Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
All Southeastern Retina Offices currently remain open to serve our patients. The following are some of the temporary updates/precautions we have made to our practice:
- We have rescheduled all of our routine established patient office visits.
- We have rescheduled all of our non-urgent/emergent surgeries.
- We will continue to care for patients with vision-threatening retinal conditions.
- We will continue to treat our injection patients to maintain their vision and avoid vision loss.
- We are limiting patient companions to one at most, preferably zero.
- We are asking patients if they have concerning symptoms, travel, or exposure histories and, if so, to call prior to coming to their appointment so the physician can determine an appropriate plan of care for them.
- We have asked SERA employees to remain at home for 14 days if they have concerning symptoms, travel, or exposure histories.
- We are taking additional steps to ensure all of our offices are as clean as possible.